“A UNIQUELY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE FOR THIS IMPORTANT REGIONAL PARKS POSITION”
Michele Perrault, past National President for the Sierra Club, Lafayette Ca
“VOTERS IN WARD 2 SHOULD ELECT KENT FICKETT… HE IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE THAT UNDERSTANDS THE DISTRICT’S BIG-PICTURE FINANCIAL CHALLENGES”
East Bay Times Editorial Board Endorsement Friday, September 30, 2016.
Parks Are Our Future
As a local environmentalist and a successful entrepreneur, Kent has spent 55 years enjoying our wonderful East Bay Regional Park District facilities and open spaces with his wife, children and grandchild. The parks, bike paths, trails and beaches of the District are a vital part of our local quality of life here in Ward 2 (Lafayette, Moraga, Oakland, Orinda and Piedmont). As your Director for Ward 2, he will work with our first-class Regional Park staff and local volunteers to continue improving our Regional Park system, while maintaining and improving the facilities to enhance each visitor’s personal experience.
Kent Fickett is not accepting any campaign donations. Will not do mailers or phone calls. He asks only that you review his experience and consider him for your Regional Parks Director for Ward 2 as you vote in the November 2016 election.
- Endorsed By: Michele Perrault, past National President for the Sierra Club, Jimm Edgar, President of Diablo Audubon, John Moilan, Retired Chief of Police, Piedmont and The East Bay Times Editorial Board.
- Board Member: Concord Naval Weapons Station Restoration Advisory Board (RAB) and Mount Diablo Audubon. Formerly: East Bay League of Conservation Voters.
- Former member: EBRPD Park Advisory Committee, Contra Costa County Fish & Wildlife and Water Committees, Sierra Club Energy Committee.
- Education: BS – UC Berkeley and MS- University of San Francisco Conservation of Natural Resources and Environmental Management
PRIORITIES IF ELECTED
- Continue to protect and expand our wonderful Regional Parks and Trails System.
- Increase and improve public access with a new reduced weekend family fare BART to Parks program funded by existing Cap and Trade dollars collected from air pollution fees.
- Continue the conservative budget approach to make sure taxpayer funds are properly balanced between parks, trails and our wonderful park employees.
- Get electric car charging stations installed in Regional Park parking areas.
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING ME FOR YOUR VOTE ON NOVEMBER 8.